Doula Mentor NYC and International
"What a blessing it has been to work with Erica. Her insight, wisdom, knowledge, support, and encouragement have been integral to my success as a new doula. Working with Erica has not only provided me with foundational knowledge of doula work, but in running a successful doula business as well. Erica was completely present to my needs; she met me right where I was at reserving all judgement. Through our work together I grew not only as a professional, but as an individual as well. Erica's mentorship enabled me to believe in myself and gain the confidence I needed to make my dream a reality. Our work, our life passions are unique ones and it was invaluable to have a mentor that not only understands that but lives it as well. Erica is grace. She is love. She is inspirational." Jessica Mattson Hinds
The Doula Mentor Program
This unique program was birthed in 2013 when I was traveling in Thailand. I took my doula business to Bangkok, where I worked with expats expecting in Asia. What a treat! The stories are immense.
Work with me
- meet over Skype or phone
- email check-ins throughout the week
- immediate setting of goals for your business
- co-create a plan for you to thrive easily and quickly
- learn how to network and be seen comfortably
- initial intake and contract creation
- prenatal intakes and postpartum surveys
- developing packages for clients
- setting your fees and knowing your worth
- getting ready for interviews
- meeting structure and activities
- creation of unique resource pages
- exploring TEA (time, energy, attention)
- self care practices for Pregnant and New Moms
- mentoring over educating
- preparing for birth
- what's in my doula bag
- preparing for multiple births in a month
- special labors- rapid, prolonged, epidural, unplanned medicated
- cesarean Birth- making the choice and how to support
- tips for working with dads/partners
- difficult clients
- holistic postpartum care
- self-care for doula success
- avoiding post-traumatic stress after difficult births
- workshop and newsletter tutorials
- staying in contact with clients: extending your services
- be confident in your work
- nurture business partnerships and yourself along the way.
- get clear on your passion and what makes you different from other birth workers
We will up-level your growth no matter where you are in your business! This work really can be huge. It depends on how much you want it! I am committed to giving you every success tip that has allowed me to soar as a doula, plus I will be your most encouraging and compassionate cheerleader.
I grew my own successful business in a matter of months and want to help you in attracting your ideal clients and community. I've been through it and have much to share! Birthing women need doula support and women need YOU. Being a doula is a calling; it does not have to be difficult to find your way through this profession. I promise: you this: the women that need you are ready to find you.
Within our time together, I will send you all of the material I have ever used with my clients, including self-made prenatal forms, weekly info I send to their in-boxes, contracts, self-care practices for clients, and more. I will also have you come up with your own materials and ideas. Fun!
We will co-create an individualized program based on your intentions and goals. This program is yours! Contact me to schedule a 20 minute complimentary call. It is my pleasure to hold your hand as you build and manifest this dream!
"I learned professional skills and produced valuable tools with Erica's mentoring. Each week built upon the previous and at the end of our work together I had built a beautiful, standout website, had numerous client handouts, had a structure to my services and the confidence to provide them to my clients, I had made connections to other members of my birth community and so much more visibility, and so much more. Our work together propelled both my business and my own professionalism."