Postpartum Support Group | Parenting Events & Training NYC
A Virtual New Mother Support Group
Feel supported, heard, wiser than you thought you were, and SEEN in all you are doing now (and all you think you left behind). Life's different now. Let's get on with it, together.
"I wish Erica could be our neighbor next door, so we could keep standing in her sunshine" Kathryn
Gain resources and practices to support your entire family's well-being. Talk about sleep, feeding, following baby's cues, self-care, going back to work, friends and partners and all about the shifts in relationships, how to ask for what you need, and more. Topics will be based on everyone's preferences.
Life with a baby can be overwhelming, amazing, life-shifting to say the least. Erica has been there herself and has real passion around guiding new moms as they navigate their new lives.
"Just wanted to thank you for having us round this week. It was a really wonderful session and super empowering hearing and sharing stories and struggles with other mums. I look forward to doing this over the coming weeks!" Hannah
"Erica's support was there for me at a a time when I really needed it. Becoming a mother was the most magical and at times difficult experience and Erica really helped me by providing a safe space to talk about my experience. I am so lucky and happy to have found her." Leah
~ six 90min live group calls fover six weeks (option for video or voice on ZOOM)
~a slack group for check-ins
~resource sharing by email after the live calls, all pertaining to the content that arises in the calls
"Each group brings a unique set of women, and Erica caters to everyone's interests and needs. She’s one of the most tuned in, empathic, loving, generous-with-her-time-and-energy women out there!" EL
Group calls begin with individual check ins, and then are guided based on the weekly topics :
- breast and bottle feeding - insights on any challenges that can be made without being in person
- normalcy of changing moods and energy levels - blues, depression, normal ups and downs
- guidance with caregivers - hiring a nanny, a doula, not sure how to ask family/friends for support?
- self-care and how to make it happen - on the daily and the hourly
- baby care tips including soothing, following cues - all the what’s and how’s of being with a newborn
- following your own gut as you get to know your baby - enough he said, she said : what feels right to you?
- self and body image - we talk about it all, and make action steps and hold each other accountable
- navigating new friendships and making amends with changing relationships
- how to bring a touch of mindfulness to your overwhelm - practices and tools to bring in more peace
- safely expressing true feelings around the transition to parenthood
- back to work transitioning and feelings - action steps for success and getting your village together
- and much, Much MORE
Erica's passion for facilitating New Mom Support Groups came after she received the "relief, care, attention, love, and community" from a group she attended herself in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, with Jenna Bourgeois when she and her newborn were just 6wks old. She took a 90 min bus ride just to get there each week! She left her doula badge at that door, and knew her new mom self needed a place to be "raw, heard, seen, unraveled, and re-sown" with the help of some new mama friends she could go a little deeper with. From there, Erica held New Mom Support groups in her own Greenpoint living room and then realized she could reach women on a national and global level - so the online program was born.